Links from Video:
Beasts of Britain: https://www.facebook.com/BeastsOf/?ref=br_rs
On the Trail of Champ: https://shop.smalltownmonsters.com/products/onthetrailofchamp
Scott Mardis GoFundMe: Lake Champlain Monster Hunt https://www.gofundme.com/vuunhfpg?pc=tw_dn_cpgntopnavlarge_r&rcid=r01-152917760335-a8f3e960d4e14718
That Alberta Canada Sasquatch Head Video…
Mattsquatch’s video: https://youtu.be/Zox40gMaHsg
Tri Diver’s Video: https://youtu.be/IeegwpksLZs
Bigfoot Tony’s video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbAB2UQ4KZw
Original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOjR_yu-Xy8
The Oxford English Dictionary defines the word cryptid as “An animal whose existence or survival is disputed or unsubstantiated, such as the yeti.” For the following witnesses to living cryptids, there is no dispute. In this series of National Cryptid Society’s case files, you will read what the witnesses have experienced in their own words.
Keep an open mind when reading these accounts, and also remember one’s perception and memory of an event can be influenced by the emotions felt at the time of the occurrence. The contributors to this series of articles are doing the best they can to recount what are in some cases very shocking and traumatic experiences.
If you have a personal cryptid sighting story you would like to tell us, please visit our “Make A Report” page on this site.
NCS Case File #73: Dreaded Skunk Ape Steps out of the Road near Fort McCoy Florida
Location: Burbank Loop,Fort McCoy ,Florida
Submitted by Mike
“I was driving on Burbank Loop in Fort McCoy, it was 10 pm.
I came around the only curve in the whole road.there it was standing on the edge of the road.
It had dreaded hair about 6 to 10 inches in length,black in color.
I could see the big muscular shoulder form and when he stepped off in the woods in one step(6 to 9 foot) never looked tord me.
I slammed on the brakes backed up as fast as I could,and jumped out of the car and killed the engine so I could and hear.I ran to the edge of woods and stopped.
I saw nothing and didn’t hear a thing,but it smelled stinky like rotten meat.
I stood there a good five minutes nothing.so my girlfriend was scared and wanted to go home so we left.”
- This witness has not yet responded to follow-up emails.
- Fort McCoy resides in Marion county, which is in North Central Florida.
- Fort McCoy has two wildlife management areas to the north of the city, as well as Ocala National Forest to the Southeast.
- There have been 13 reported sightings of a Bigfoot-like creature in Marion county according to the BFRO (2), and is approximately 30 miles from where a Skunk Ape was reported to have crossed the road in June of 2017 (3).
NCS Case File #74: Blond Juvenile Bigfoot-Like creature Visits Bird Feeder on All Fours, Leaves Walking Upright Grand Rapids, Michigan
Location: Southwood Village area, Southern portion of Grand Rapids, Michigan
Date: Spring / Summer 2009 or 2010
“It was a cool sunny Spring/Summer morning, I know it was that time of year because if it was full blown summer i wouldn’t have been sitting outside due to the heat.
I was talking on the phone with my friend, she was talking so I wasn’t making a sound. There was a slab of concrete down in front of me, where we’d put scraps of food, popcorn, bread, produce, all kinds of leftovers for the wildlife to eat.
We had a lot of different wildlife that came to our slab to eat, we had wild turkeys, muskrats, turtles, ducks, squirrels, geese, raccoons, opossums, groundhogs, and all different kinds of wild birds. Now we know we had Sasquatches as well.
Anyway as I was sitting there talking to my friend, I was watching all the critter’s that had come to eat. Out of the corner of my eye of my eye I saw this flash of beautiful blonde hair bounding to the slab.
At first I thought it was an Afghan dog, because its hair was smooth as silk and 6 to 7 inches long. It looked like someone had just brushed it’s hair there was a gentle breeze blowing, so it’s hair blew gracefully in the breeze.
Once it got down to the feeding station, it was on all fours, and I could hear this grunting sound like a pig eating, By now I was talking to my friend and I said “you’re not going to believe what I’m seeing!”
I wasn’t sure what it was but I started explaining this creature to her. He had black or very dark brown face, hands and feet, they looked like wrinkled leather.
His nose was turned up a little but yet it was kind of smashed into his face like a monkey. His eyes were black. I say “he” because I didn’t see any female parts, nor did I see any male parts either, so I just figured it was a male.
As I looked at it I felt like I was seeing a Disney Character, I felt euphoric, mesmerized, almost like I was floating. I felt kind of sick inside because I couldn’t wrap my mind around what I was seeing.
By then I told my friend I would call her back later. I was still in my chair trying to comprehend all that was happening. The next thing I knew this thing stood up on its back legs.
It was three to four feet tall, and at the time I was five feet tall, so it was almost as tall as I was, or maybe he was, it was hard to judge everything as things were moving fast and out of sorts. He walked up this small hill we had in our backyard on two feet like a human.
By now I was shaking but I wanted to get a better look at this thing, so I stood up but stayed by my chair. I felt kind of dizzy and wobbly relay out of sorts.
When I stood up this creature dropped down on all fours & took off like a road runner, he moved faster than any animal I’d ever seen move before.
It never occured to me that where a young one is there its mother or a watcher is also, until my friend was talking to me about it years later and he said it’s a good thing you didn’t make a move towards him. You see I didn’t even think about it being a Sasquatch until we had moved away. Seven and a half years later and I started putting it all together.
I ran towards the house out of fear and I wanted to get my Camera in case this thing came back. I went out there long enough to take photos of the yard, and then I ran as fast as I could to get back into the house.
I locked the doors scared that this thing whatever it was would come after me. It could have come from a UFO for all I knew. I sat, shook and cried until my husband came home about forty five minutes to an hour later. I was still shook up when he came in and asked me what had happened.
Seeing this creature changed my life totally. I used to go out and work in the yard from the rising of the sun until it was dark out and my husband would have to come and ask me if I wasn’t going to come in. After this encounter happened I wouldn’t go out in the yard unless my husband came out with me.
He found this to be very odd behavior from what I was like before. He said don’t be silly and I said “I’m not being silly, you’d be afraid if you saw this thing just like I did and am.” He’d just shake his head. He believed that I saw something, but he didn’t understand the impact that it made on my life.
I tried to explain what it was I saw and my husband said it was just a groundhog, I said does a groundhog walk erect on it hind feet and stand almost as tall as I am, he said Nope. I said I rest my case.
I named this thing the Nebster, where I came up with the name I’ll never know but I had to name it something so my husband would know what I was talking about.
I tried to go back where I saw him run to, it was in a grove of tall trees & low bushes, but there was to much Poison Ivy back there so I stopped going back any further.”
- The area described by the witness and the photos of the area provided show a densely residential area. However, this is not to say that wildlife cannot penetrate human habitation. Suburban development is much more forgiving than that of an urban environment in terms of patches of woods and open areas that may support small pockets of wildlife, as well as creeks, ditches and thin strips of undeveloped lands where wildlife can travel between destinations. There are several areas like the ones described above along highway 6 that cuts through the southern end of Grand Rapids, and the location of the sighting is adjacent to that highway.
- A three to four foot tall bipedal hair-covered humanoid-like creature may sound like a juvenile Sasquatch, but currently there are four Bigfoot reports for the Grand Rapids area (Kent County), and none of those appear to be within the city limits (4). If it were a juvenile Sasquatch, it was a long way from home and it was taking a risk strolling out in the daylight to feast on the witness’ slab right in front of her. The behavior and environment seems incongruent with what seems to be “traditional” Sasquatch behavior. Although there are some who are hypothesize there are “urban Sasquatch” who may be dwelling in highly populated areas undetected, I find that scenario highly suspect. Perhaps this was something else.
- Perhaps it was an escaped exotic pet. There have been many stories of exotic pets that have startled residents at one time or another. This is usually the standby for any skeptic, but not wrongfully so since these events have happened in the past. One primate with long blondish hair that may fit the size of the described creature may be the Gelada Baboon (5).
- One problem with this idea is the lack of a tail in the witness’ description. The tail of any baboon is pretty obvious, but then again, some things don’t get remembered in the heat of the moment. The witness may have over time embellished the memory or misinterpreted their own perception during such an emotionally jarring event. But then again I am just throwing out alternatives.
- The witness stated “I felt euphoric, mesmerized, almost like I was floating. I felt kind of sick inside because I couldn’t wrap my mind around what I was seeing,” “I sat, shook and cried until my husband came home about forty five minutes to an hour later” and “I didn’t even think about it being a Sasquatch until we had moved away.” This strongly suggests to me that it is possible that the creature the witness observed in her backyard was not a sasquatch at all. Perhaps it was another type of cryptid that was associated with trickery.
- A Pukwudgie “little wild man of the woods that vanishes (6)” is a creature found in Delaware and Wampanoag folklore, sometimes said to be 2-to-3-foot-tall. In case the witness misjudged the height of the creature when it stood up and walked away, the Pukwudgie may be a possible candidate for what strolled into her yard that day. “In the Ojibwe and other Great Lakes tribes, the pukwudgie (or bagwajinini) is considered a mischievous but basically good-natured creature who plays tricks on people but is not dangerous (7).” However, Pukwudgies are traditionally described as human-like. The native Wampanoag People of New England legends say Pukwugdgies “were also said to be able to shapeshift into other creatures (8).”
- Hoffman, Charles Fenno (1850). The Poems of Charles Fenno Hoffman. D. Appleton & Co. p. 211.
Visit our YouTube Channel and Subscribe!
This collection of over 170+ articles, direct from newspapers of the 1800s and 1900s, brings some of the most bizarre, amazing, and incredible stories of true monster encounters out of the past and into your hands! Presented with zero spin or bias, this book delivers just the facts and allows you, the reader, to decide for yourself if the stories within actually happened or not.
From the funny to the frightening, the sincere to the weird, there is something for everyone within these pages!